Email your CV to: email@example.com
Subject line: “Application: Program Director, Philippine Clubfoot Program”
Application Deadline: July 29, 2018
Terms of Reference
MiracleFeet is an international non-profit organization based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America. The organization is dedicated to ensuring that children born with clubfoot in developing countries have access to quality and timely treatment by providing organizational, technical, and financial support to its partners. MiracleFeet partners with local healthcare providers working in public hospitals to establish and support clubfoot clinics within the existing public health system.
The Philippine NGO Council on Population, Health and Welfare (PNGOC) is a registered nonprofit organization with SEC registration number 145251. Founded on June 24, 1987 by 17 Philippine NGOs, its main objectives were to become the voice of population and development advocates within the NGO, government and funding circles and to respond to the growing demand for NGO services in population, health, reproductive and sexual health and development. PNGOC’s membership has since grown to 80- member NGOs nationwide whose work various development areas such as health, community development and community systems strengthening. The usual targets are the disadvantaged groups as well as the vulnerable populations in various parts of the country.
MiracleFeet entered into a grant agreement with the PNGOC for the implementation of the Philippine Clubfoot Program from July 1, 2018 up to June 30, 2019.
The Program Director will be responsible for the overall project direction, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the Philippine Clubfoot Program in coordination with the MiracleFeet Program Manager for Asia
Reports to: PNGOC Executive Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Lead the overall implementation of the Philippine Clubfoot program in accordance with the grant agreement and SOW signed with MiracleFeet which includes treatment, continuing education, supply chain management/inventory control, support services and community outreach, data collection and management, and financial management.
- Support and monitor the sub-recipient’s (Philippine Band of Mercy) implementation of the Clubfoot Program in Metro Manila, making sure that activities performed are in accordance to the grant agreement and agreed upon Scope of Work with PNGOC
- Prepare required program documents (MOUs with hospitals, Program Reports, Contracts, and TORs)
- Ensure timely submission of technically sound, formal written reports, including the Quarterly and Annual Reports, and other reports that may be required by MiracleFeet
- Ensure that all activities and actions are consistent with MiracleFeet and PNGOC’s policies and regulations.
- Provide supervision and technical guidance to Program Coordinator/s and Site/Clinic Coordinators and ensure that funds are disbursed and programmatic and financial reports are submitted
- Ensure regular liaison, program update meetings, and collaboration with the Department of Health, Hospital Chiefs and/or Department Heads, LGUs, Technical Working Group, and NGO sub-recipient (Philippine Band of Mercy)
- Ensure formal and documented approval of program activities at the clinic/hospital and/or LGU levels
- Identify strategies to build good relationships with parents and keep children in treatment for the entire duration of clubfoot treatment
- Perform resource mobilization/fund raising functions and advocacy activities in partnership with MiracleFeet as needed
- Lead the establishment of the national clubfoot Technical Working Group
- Organize fact-finding visits to possible new clinics/hospital partners
- Travel to clinics/hospitals throughout the Philippines for monitoring visits, meetings, and/or training and support supervision
- Serve as MiracleFeet’s focal point for donors who may visit the Philippine clubfoot clinics from time to time
- Advanced university or medical degree
- Public Health background a must
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in teams with partners
- Possesses good interpersonal, negotiating, and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in Filipino and English
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with people of varying socio-economic and educational backgrounds
- Demonstrated computer skills, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Skype, and email
- Demonstrated problem solving-skills
- Willingness to travel throughout the Philippines to visit/monitor participating clinic locations
- Previous experience in hospitals or the Department of Health a plus